Kodi contributor Koying has released SPMC 16.6.0, a Kodi fork with optimizations for Android devices. You can download SPMC 16.6.0 directly from Koying’s site.
This latest version is primarily a bug fix release, with a number of fixes and minor additions.
SPMC 16.6.0 Changelog
- ADD: “Visible behind” for Android TV
- ADD: “Now playing” for Android TV
- FIX: HD audio IEC on N (Shield + Mi)
- FIX: use PT RAW for re-encoding if selected- FIX: 3D -> 2D in amcs
- FIX: windowed amc
- ADD: Dynamic amcs surfaces
- FIX: amcs rotation
- FIX: plugin cache
- ADD: zeroconf via API
- FIX: 4K GUI
- FIX: High CPU load
- ADD: Smoothstreaming
- FIX: crash on exit with NFS
If you’re currently using SPMC, you can update via the Google Play store or download SPMC 16.6.0 from the official site’s download page.