Following Allwinner’s announcement of the H8 chip, it appears that the Inphic i8 is the first Android box using the new chip.
The Inphic i8 runs Android KitKat 4.4.2 and uses the octo-core Allwinner H8 chipset, offering CPU speeds up to 2GHz and an octo-core GPU. Allwinner’s new chip adds support for HEVC decoding so there is potential for this to be a good gaming and media player, depending on the quality of the box’s hardware and software.
According to the manufacturer, the Inphic i8 specifications are:
- CPU: All Winner H8 is Octa-core Cortex-A7 CPU @up to 2.0GHz.
- GPU: PowerVR SGX544 GPU@ up to 720MHz
- Memory: 1GB /2GB DDR3
- Flash: 8GB/16GB/32GB
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g /n
- OS: Android KitKat 4.4.2
- I/O: 1*HDMI up to 4Kx2K resolution, 2*USB Host and Divice, 1*AV Standard resolution AV signal, 1*RJ45 100/1000 BaseT
- Accessories: 1x AV cable, 1x Power charger adapter, 1x Remote control, 1x User Manual, 1x HDMI cable
- Media Supported:
- Audio Formats: AAC-LC/HEAAC/HE-AAC v2,AC3,AMR-NB,DTS,MP3,OGG,RA_COOK,WMA,WMA,LPCM/PCM/ADPCM,FLA
- Video Formats: RM/RMVB, MPEG, MKV, AVI, MP4,MOV,FLV, H.263,H.264, H.265, VC-1,DivX, Xvid, TS,RealVideo,VP6,VP8 up to 4K support
- Support for XBMC, Google Play and Skype
I’ve never dealt with Inphic before so I’m unsure how good the product will be. However, you can find out more about the product in the link below