Team Kodi have been hard at work again, managing to release Kodi 16.1. Team Kodi are calling it a maintenance release, with Kodi 16.1 incorporating a pretty extensive number of bugfixes.
Full changelog is embedded below:
- Never cache addons directories
- Fix typo when calculating forced ratio size
- AndroidStorageProvider: Ignore /mnt/runtime and don’t call Exists all the way every some 500 ms as this will affect performance
- Set of fixes for DirectX rendering
- Fixed crash under JSON-RPC on iOS/OSX
- 20% performance gain on opening EPG guide window
- Add missing libgif.so to the Android package
- Fix Kodi freezing if no ADSP add-on is present
- EventServer security fix by only allowing localhost
- Fix possible lockup when entering EPG grid
- Fix possible problems with rendering on Windows
- Fix possible non working key presses after a key long press
- Don’t do a video chapter skip if there’s only one chapter
- Fix possible lock up by increasing timeout to let screensavers properly exit
- Fix render capture (bookmark images) on certain hardware with DXVA on Windows
- Fix problem in ZeroConfBrowser that could cause problems on exit
- Fix crash one OSX 10.7 when trying to resolve HDD names
- Fix possible crashes when using VAAPI and DXVA video rendering
- Fix song reported on playback of songs from cuesheet
You can download Kodi 16.1 from the Kodi downloads page.
Have you installed Kodi 16.1? What’s been your experience so far? Let me know in the comments!