The long awaited Minix Z64 PC has finally appeared after many weeks of speculation as to when it would finally be unleashed. Many, this author included, are excited given Minix’s track record for build quality and customer support.
GeekBuying are the first to offer the Z64 for sale. It comes in two variations, the Z64A and Z64W. Whilst both offer the same hardware, the key difference is the pre-installed operating system. The Minix Z64A comes preloaded with Android 4.4.4 KitKat, whereas the Minix Z64W comes with Windows 8.1 with Bing.
Given the success of Windows devices such as the PiPO X7, Minix entering the market is certainly exciting.
MINIX NEO Z64W/Z64A Technical Specifications
- Chipset: Intel Baytrail quad core processor with Intel HD graphics (Z3735F)
- RAM: 2 GB DDR3
- Storage: 32 GB eMMC + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output: HDMI 1.4, 3.5mm Audio
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 10/100 Ethernet
- USB: 2 x USB 2.0 port
- Other Features: Power button, IR Remote Control
- OS: Android 4.4.4 KitKat (Z64A) or Windows 8.1 with Bing (Z64W)
MINIX NEO Z64 Videos
GeekBuying have put together a number of videos together showing various aspects of the device.
MINIX NEO Z64 Unboxing
MINIX NEO Z64 Teardown
MINIX NEO Z64A Review
MINIX NEO Z64 BIOS Walkthrough