The MXQ Pro is a new Android TV box that features the brand new Amlogic S905 SoC and runs Android 5.1. It also features 1GB of DDR3 RAM, 8GB of NAND Flash storage, b/g/n Wifi and 10/100 Ethernet.
GeekBuying have just listed the MXQ Pro for around $50, which is impressively cheap for the amount of functionality it’s capable of.
The Amlogic S905 imbues the MXQ Pro with some pretty valuable functionality. The new chip supports handy features such as 10-bit HEVC decoding, HDMI 2.0 and DTS and Dolby audio passthrough which are all incredibly useful in a home theatre environment.
I’m not sure how the Amlogic S905 will compare to other popular Amlogic chipsets like the S805 and S812.
Inside the box, you’ll get the MXQ Pro unit, an IR remote, AV cable, USB OTG cable, HDMI cables, a 5V 2A power adapter and an instruction manual.
The MXQ Pro is available from GeekBuying for around $55.
MXQ Pro Technical Specifications
- Operating System: Android 5.1
- Chipset: Amlogic S905
- CPU: Quad-Core Cortex-A5 at 1.5GHz
- GPU: Penta Core ARM Mali-450 GPU
- Memory: 1GB DDR3
- Internal Storage: 8GB NAND FLASH + Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Connectivity: 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Audio/Video Output: HDMI 2.0, Composite Video
- Interfaces: 4 x USB 2.0
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Other: IR Sensor, Power button