The Tronsmart Pavo M9 is an Android Mini PC powered by the MStar MSO9180D1R. The device runs Android 4.4 and features 4K video decoding, HDMI recording and USB 3.0. Other specifications include 1GB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage, WiFi, 10/100 Ethernet and Bluetooth 4.0.
The Tronsmart Pavo M9 can be purchased from Geekbuying. Click here to view the latest price.
Inside the box, you’ll get the Tronsmart Pavo M9 unit, IR remote control, power adapter, instruction manual and a HDMI cable.
The marketing materials also highlight a whole host of useful functions such as a remote app, custom Pavo M9 UI, parental controls and a learning IR remote.
Interestingly, the device’s specifications are almost identical to the Zidoo X9. This similarity caries across the the identical remote control, and suspiciously similar “Pavo M9 UI”. The product listing even mentions that the Zidoo XBMC variant comes pre-installed. The only difference seems to be 1GB of Ram instead of the 2GB inside the X9.
If the Pavo M9 is tweaked Zidoo X9 at a significant price cut, it could be an excellent media player – particularly if you’re after the elusive HDMI recording features. To get an idea how the Tronsmart Pavo M9 could perform, read our Zidoo X9 review.
Tronsmart Pavo M9 Technical Specifications
- Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4
- Chipset: Mstar MSO9180D1R
- CPU: Quad core ARM Cortex A9
- GPU: Octa core ARM Mali-450 GPU
- Memory: 1GB DDR3
- Internal Storage: 8GB eMMC + MicroSD card slot
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (Realtek 8188), 10/100 Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0
- Audio/Video Output: HDMI 1.4, SP-DIF, Composite Video Out
- Video Input: HDMI In
- Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0