XBMC is our favorite HTPC frontend, and for a good reason. Following the recent announcement of the project’s renaming to Kodi, today marks the release of XBMC 13.2 Gotham Beta 3 for download, bringing with it a number of fixes. Please note this does not add new functionality.
The change log according to the XBMC Developers:
Fixes done in 13.2 beta 3
- Fix audio problems with pass-through on OSX
- Crash in Android if an app is favourite, then uninstalled from system.
- Fix crash in Android when entering programs menu in some skins
- Bitstream conversion fix for some BD mkv iso rips
Fixes done in 13.2 beta 2
- Fix labelcontrols with autowidth set were always marked as dirty (re-render)
- Update included PVR add-on
- Set “remote as keyboard” default to true for Android
- Fix FTP TLS not working
- Fix some disappearing characters on Mac OSX
Fixes done in previous 13.2 beta 1 which are also included
- Fix onplaybackstarted event for external players
- Don’t show OSD menu DVD menu with mouse/touch
- GetText and delete sound option for add-on developers
- Fix wrong sample-rate selection on OSX
- Fix optical usb devices with > 2 channels on OSX
- Fix firewall popups in OSX on start-up
- Make the fake full-screen option only visible when running OSX snowleopard
- Fix overlapping subtitles
- Fix accented letters. Example: “VARIéS” rather than “VARIÉS”
- Prompt for master pin in case the add-on manager is locked
- Update GUI translations
- Update included add-ons
- Fixed several bugs and memory leaks
For those of you who love to live on the bleeding edge, install it now. Given the changes are predominantly bug fixes, installations should be compatible so just install it over the top of your current install.
You can download the new XBMC from here.
How is the new Gotham Beta 3? Let us know in the comments[via xbmc.org]
Photo Credit: XBMC Logo from xbmc.org/Resized from Original