The Zidoo X6 is the latest TV box from Zidoo. Only recently having released the Allwinner H3-powered Zidoo X1, the Zidoo X6 is arguably their first device to use a more powerful chipset.
The Zidoo X6 has solid specs featuring 2GB of RAM, 16GB of onboard storage, dualband Wireless AC and Bluetooth 4.0. It also runs Android Lollypop 5.1.
Zidoo X6 Technical Specifications
- Operating System: Android 5.1
- Chipset: Rockchip RK3368
- CPU: Octacore Cortex A53 processor @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU: PowerVR G6110
- Memory: 2GB DDR3
- Internal Storage: 16GB eMMC + Micro SD card slot
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, Dual Band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi (AP6335 ), Bluetooth 4.0
- Audio/Video Output: HDMI 2.0, SP-DIF, Composite AV
- Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0 (1 could be USB OTG)
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Other: IR Sensor
There’s no information on how the unit will look so time will tell whether we’ll get something awesome-looking like the Zidoo X1 or a black slab.
Zidoo have also provided a custom launcher called ZIUI, adopting a flat tile-based design. However, as the device is still under development, there is always the possibility this may change before release.
Inside the box, you’ll get the Zidoo X6, IR remote control, HDMI cable, power adapter and instruction manual. The IR remote look’s like it’s the same learning one as the Zidoo X1, which is a plus as I found it pretty comprehensive.
At this stage, there’s no information on release date. I’ll update as soon as I know more.
Given the specs, I’m expecting the Zidoo X6 will come in at around $100 shipped.