The Beelink Mini MX is a new Android TV box that has popped up on a few sites recently. Powered by the new Amlogic S905 chipset, the Beelink Mini MX runs Android 5.1 and can be had for as little as $47 from GearBest using the coupon “GBMINIX“.
For under $50, there’s a respectable set of specs. The Beelink Mini MX features 1Gb RAM, 8Gb of eMMC storage, Gigabit Ethernet, b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0.
I’m curious how well the Amlogic S905 processor stacks up against some of the other common processors that we’re seeing in these devices currently. On the plus side, the Amlogic S905 is capable of HDMI 2.0 output and 10-bit HEVC decoding for under $50 which is great.
The Beelink Mini MX can be purchased from GearBest for $46.89 using the coupon “GBMINIX“.
Alternatively, it’s also available from GeekBuying for just over $50.
Beelink Mini MX Technical Specifications
- Operating System: Android 5.1
- Chipset: Amlogic S905
- CPU: Quad-Core Cortex-A5 at 1.5GHz
- GPU: Penta Core ARM Mali-450 GPU
- Memory: 1GB DDR3
- Internal Storage: 8GB NAND FLASH + Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Connectivity: 10/100/1000M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Audio/Video Output: HDMI 2.0, Composite Video
- Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Other: IR Sensor, Power button