Kodi 17.1 addresses a number of bugs in the recently released Kodi 17.0.
Of course, Kodi 17.0 brought a huge number of new features and bug fixes so its not surprising there’s a few bugs to be squashed.
I’ve included the Kodi 17.1 changelog below:
- Update Estuary and Estouchy with some bugfixes and improvements
- Fix EDL skipping
- Fix slow song smartplaylist
- Several PVR fixes
- Update Chorus webinterface
- Fix addons not being marked broken when they are updated with broken flag
- Add limiter on random songs which should prevent large memory usage on big libraries
- Improve keyboard mapping during button mapping
- Improve analog stick handling
- Improve plugin performance when building the content list
- Include RTMP inputstream add-on for Windows
- Don’t close subtitle stream when switching audio
- Fix replaygain for music files
- Fix controllers buttons on Android
- Fix music cleanup hanging on large MySQL music database
- Fix use of SMB on Android on new installs
- Fix possible Kodi upgrade migration hang during add-on update process
- Add check in Windows installer for Service Packs and updates that Kodi needs to operate
- Don’t try to read tags from internet audio streams
- Add setting to disable controller rumble on notifications
If you’re already running Kodi 17.0 (and you should be!), download Kodi 17.1 from the Kodi downloads page.
Have you installed Kodi 17.1? What’s been your experience so far? Let me know in the comments!