MINIX have released firmware FW010 for the MINIX NEO U1 (You can read my review of it here).
The changelog consists mainly of bug fixes and app updates.
I’ve embedded the full changelog below:
- Updated Miracast app
- Fixed Wi-Fi static IP connection issue
- Updated MINIX XBMC app to fix HD audio passthrough issue (Build 20160911)
- Removed system broswer to allow Android system webview support
- Added Chrome browser (You may also install your own preferred browsers)
- Modification to support up to 5 USB devices
- New mouse icon of medium size
- Fixed audio issue on some games (e.g. PACMAN 256)
- Added a software switch for video layer output (default is still OSD layer)
- Fixed some x265 video playback issues (e.g. Dragon Ball Super)
- Fixed ghosting, smoke effect on some SD videos
MINIX XBMC Fixes
- Fixed X264/X265/VC-1 playback/seek & audio out of sync issues
- Fixed HD audio passthrough 90-95 minutes sound loss issue
- Improved .mpg video playback smoothness
- Removed non-supported settings options
You can upgrade to firmware FW010 on the MINIX NEO U1 via the MINIX OTA app if you’re on firmware FW009A.
For more information, check the release post over at the MINIX forums.