The MXQ 4K is an Android TV box powered by the new Rockchip RK3229 SoC. It also features 1GB of DDR3 RAM, 8GB of NAND storage, b/g/n Wifi and Ethernet – all for under $30.
The unit runs Android 4.4 and seems to include a version of the Mediabox launcher that usually appears on these OEM units.
Inside the box, you’ll get the MXQ-4K Android TV Box, Power Adapter, HDMI Cable, IR remote and an English User Manual.
The MXQ-4K is available from Tomtop for around $30. There’s currently a flash sale on at the moment bringing it to just $23 plus use the code “FB5OFF” to get a little more off the price too.
MXQ-4K Technical Specifications
- ProcessorRockchip RK3229
- CPU CPUQuad-core ARM Cortex-A7 @ up to 1.5GHz
- GPUARM Mali-400MP2
- Operating SystemAndroid Lollipop 4.4
- RAM1GB DDR3
- Storage8GB NAND
- Other FeaturesIR Sensor
- PowerDC 5V/2A
- Video OutputHDMI 2.0, Composite
- Audio OutputHDMI 2.0, SP-DIF, Composite
- Other Interfaces4 x USB 2.0
Micro SD Card Slot
- WiFi802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi 2.4GHz
- Dimensions115 x 115 x 25 mm