Just a few days after the unusual PiPO X8 Mini PC/Tablet Hybrid was shown off at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, it has now appeared for sale.
PiPO X8 Technical Specifications
Thanks to the GeekBuying listing, the specs are below:
- Chipset: Intel Baytrail quad core processor with Intel HD graphics (Z3736F)
- RAM: 2 GB DDR3
- Storage: 32 GB internal storage + micro SD slot
- Video & Audio Output: HDMI, 3.5mm Audio
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 10/100 Ethernet
- USB: 4x USB 2.0 port
- Other Features: Power button, Integrated Speakers, 1 year Office 365 subscription.
- OS: Dual-Boot: Windows 8.1 with Bing/Android 4.4
- Power Supply: 12v 2.4A
The listing reviews a quite a few more bits of information about this unique device.
Firstly, the PiPO X8 will be dual boot, offering both Windows 8.1 with Bing and Android 4.4. At this stage, I am unsure about PiPO’s implementation for switching between the two operating systems. If anyone has experience with PiPO’s dual boot tablets, please let us know in the comments as I suspect it will be the same.
Furthermore, as I had suspected previously, it comes with the 1 year Office 365 subscription so it looks like the addition of the touchscreen has once again made the device eligible for Microsoft’s free tablet licences.
Unfortunately, the price is higher than anticipated, coming in at under $150.
If you’re interested in buying this unique device, GeekBuying now have it available. Click here to get the latest price.
Alternatively, it’s available from GearBest.