PiPO have unveiled the PiPO X9, a upgraded version of the popular PiPO X8. Upgrades to the PiPO X9 include a larger and higher resolution 8.9 inch 1920 x 1200 pixel touchscreen and a dual OS configuration booting both Windows 10 and Android 4.4.
I have to admit that I’m impressed by the “higher than Full HD” touchscreen, which should look really nice at 8.9 inches.
The rest of the specifications are essentially identical to those of the PiPO X8.
PiPO X9 Technical Specifications
- Chipset: Intel Baytrail quad core processor with Intel HD graphics (Z3736F)
- RAM: 2 GB DDR3
- Storage: 32 GB internal storage + micro SD slot (up to 32GB)
- Video & Audio Output: HDMI, 3.5mm Audio
- Screen: 8.9 Inch (1920x1200px)
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Ethernet (speed unknown)
- USB: 4x USB 2.0 port
- Other Features: Power button, Integrated Speakers
- OS: Dual-Boot: Windows 10/Android 4.4
When I reviewed the PiPO X8, I thought the PiPO X8 was an interesting device with lots of potential. I’ve been using mine as a jukebox at parties which is awesome.
I’m hoping PiPO have improved their passive cooling, as some people complained about overheating on the PiPO X8. However, I didn’t experience any during my tests.
What do you think of the PiPO X9? Will you be getting one? Let us know in the comments.