Raspbmc, the popular XBMC distribution for the Raspberry Pi, has just released their July update.
Focus seems to be predominantly on optimising the distribution for the original 256mb Raspberry Pi devices and support for the new high current USB mode which should improve performance of USB wireless dongles and portable harddrives.
Full changelog is provided below:
- Fix an issue with the installer on new Model B+ Pis
- Improve performance for Raspberry Pis with 256MB RAMFix a race condition which can occur when loading HiFiBerry and iqAudio sound card modules
- Default to 720p resolution by default
- Better buffer handling for these Pis
- Reserve less memory for kernel
- Use larger swap file
- Reserve less memory for GPU
- Improvements to buffer handling
- Fix for an issue where playing audio can cause the device to reboot
- Add option for Model B+ devices to boost USB current in Raspbmc Settings (this is useful if you wish to power an external hard drive).
- Performance improvements by reducing XBMC binary size