Teclast has released two new Windows 10 Cherry Trail tablets. Called the Teclast X80 Plus and Teclast X80 Pro, both tablets offer solid bang for your buck, with the most expensive model still coming in at under $120.
Both models run Windows 10 and feature the quadcore Intel Cherry Trail X5-Z8300 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32Gb of onboard storage, b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 and HDMI out.
They also pack in an 8-inch 5-point touch screen, with the Teclast X80 Plus featuring the standard 1280×800 pixel resolution whilst the Teclast X80 Pro crams in an impressive 1920×1200 pixel screen. At 8-inches, I’d expect pixels to be essentially invisible.
Inside the box, you’ll get the tablet, UTB OTG adapter, charging cable and a power adapter.
Teclast have typically made excellent hardware, with devices such as the Teclast X98 series being particularly popular. I regularly use my Teclast X80HD tablet and it’s held up well, including upgrading to Windows 10.
The Teclast X80 Plus and Teclast X80 Pro are available from GearBest and GeekBuying for around $99 and $115 respectively. For the extra resolution, I’d probably say the extra $16 is probably worth it.
Teclast X80 Plus/Pro Technical Specifications
- Chipset: Intel Cherry Trail processor with Intel HD graphics (Z8300)
- RAM: 2 GB DDR3
- Storage: 32 GB eMMC + micro SD slot up to 128GB
- Video & Audio Output: micro HDMI, 3.5mm Audio
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Cameras: 0.3MP (Front), 2.0MP (Back)
- Screen: 8-Inch 1280 x 800 pixel (Plus)/1920 x 1200 pixel (Plus)/ IPS Capacitive Touch Screen
- Battery: 3800mAh
- OS: Windows 10
- Dimensions: 208 x 122 x 10mm
- Weight: 327g