The UBOX S812 is a new Android PC featuring the Amlogic S812 SoC. Running Android 4.4, it appears to be capable of 4K output and its octa-core Mali-450 GPU should be suitable for gaming. At round $80, its appears to be a good option for those wanting a capable box for both media and gaming on a budget.
It looks like the UBOX S812 took some inspiration from the MXIII Plus’ design. The case appears to be essentially identical, with the exception of a missing power button on the top.
The UBOX S812 comes in two different variants. 1GB and 2GB RAM options are available, with all other specifications being identical.
UBOX S812 Technical Specifications
- Operating System: Android 4.4
- Chipset: Amlogic S812
- CPU: Quad core ARM Cortex-A9r4, 2.0GHz
- GPU: Octa-core ARM Mali-450
- Memory: 1GB or 2GB DDR3 (Depending on variant)
- Internal Storage: 8GB eMMC + Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Connectivity: 10/100M Ethernet, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Audio/Video Output: HDMI 1.4, SP-DIF
- Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x micro USB OTG
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Other: IR Sensor, Power button
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 11.5 x 2.5 cm
Inside the box, you get the UBOX S812 Android PC, micro USB OTG cable, HDMI cable, remote control, and a power adapter.
The Amlogic S812 is a very capable chipset, as seen in my reviews of the Rikomagic MK12, Beelink i-One and Beelink S82 Plus. Assuming that the build quality and software is up to scratch, this box could be an excellent option for those wanting a cheap media/gaming Android PC.
Both variants of the UBOX S812 are available from GearBest.
- Click here to view the 1GB variant. Use coupon “UBOX1” to get it for $63.89.
- Click here to view the 2GB variant. Use coupon “UBOX2” to get it for $73.13.
2 thoughts on “UBOX S812 Android PC features Amlogic S812 for under $80”
Yep, US dollars :)