UGOOS have released their first firmware update for the UGOOS UT4 – their new Android TV box powered by the octacore Rockchip RK3368 SoC.
As usual, UGOOS have fixed a few bugs and added a whole bunch of new features in their newest firmware:
- Now firmware has only one partition.
- Improved video playback in side players (example: MXPlayer now use hardware decoders for video playback).
- “Resent apps” and “Home” buttons on RC is now working.
- Added features long press for remote control. Holding the “Menu” bar appears and disappears. “Recent apps” button activate/deactivate mouse function mode.
- “Dismiss all tasks” button added in “Resent apps” window, also all apps can be closed using “menu” button on RC.
- “Power off” is now shutdown the device.
- Added Ugoos Settings.
- Added ability get root access (Ugoos Settings).
- Added ability to control power LED (Ugoos Settings).
- Added ability to control Fan (Ugoos Settings).
- Added File Server.
- Added support Google Widevine DRM.
- Added support USB 3G Modems.
- Removed freezes on some devices.
- Temperature of the CPU is correct. And it output for user apps.
- CPU info (frequency, temperature, load), RAM info can be displayed in the status bar (Ugoos Settings).
- Added ability to select usb sound card in Sound Device manager.
- Added support Fireasy app (Ugoos Settings).
- Added Ugoos Launcher.
- Included Wifi optimization.
- Added Chinese and Russian localization in Settings.
It’s great to see UGOOS continuously improving their products rather than abandoning them shortly after release like some manufacturers.
You can grab the firmware from the UGOOS Blog post. The firmware will need to be flashed via the Firmware Upgrade tool as partition changes are required. However, UGOOS state that future updates will be delivered via OTA
How have you found the new firmware? Let us know in the comments below!