The Amlogic S812 has been a popular SoC and we’ve seen a number of manufacturers release S812-powered boxes. The latest is the V8 Plus.
The V8 Plus is definitely unique from a design perspective, using rounded edges and curves to help it stand out.
The specifications are pretty typical of other Amlogic S812 based players such as the Beelink S82 Plus. However, it’s interesting to note that the V8 Plus features coaxial audio rather than optical audio which is a little unusual.
V8 Plus Technical Specifications
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2
- Chipset: Amlogic S812
- CPU: Quad core ARM Cortex-A9r4, 2.0GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali-450MP6
- Memory: 2GB DDR3
- Internal Storage: 8GB eMMC, SD card slot (up to 128GB)
- Connectivity: 10/100M Ethernet, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Audio/Video Output: HDMI 1.4, Coaxial Audio, Composite Video
- Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Other: IR Sensor, Power button
Inside the box you’ll get the V8 Plus Android TV box, a power adapter, IR remote control, HDMI cable and English instruction manual.
You can get the V8 Plus from GearBest for around $60, which is impressively cheap for an Amlogic S812 device. However, the amount of support you’ll get from the software side is unknown.