The VidOn Box is a tiny Android media player powered by an Allwinner A31S chipset. The A31S combines a quadcore GPU with an octocore PowerVR GPU. The casing is also pure aluminium, meaning that not only does the VidOn Box look incredibly appealing, but the shell should act as a heatsink to dispel heat. It runs a custom launcher which like a greyscale “Metro” and comes preinstalled with a custom version of XBMC called VidOn Media Center, which adds support for Bluray menus.
VidOn Box Technical Specs
- Operating System: Android 4.4
- Chipset: AllWinner A31S
- CPU: Quad-core
- GPU: PowerVR™ SGX544MP2, Octa-core
- Memory: 1GB DDR3
- Internal Storage: 8GB
- Connectivity 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4GHz, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100Mbps)
- Video Formats: M2TS, TS, MP4, MKV, AVI, VOB, H264, MPEG2, RMVB, FLV, WMV, etc.
- Audio Formats: AC3, DTS, MP3, PCM, etc.
- Picture Formats: JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, etc.
- Audio/Video Output: HDMI 1.4, SP-DIF
- Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0 support USB Hub
What’s in the box?
- 1 x VidOn Box
- 1 x IR Remote Control
- 1 x 5V 2A Power adapter
- 1 x User manual
Keep posted for the full review in the coming days