When I first wrote about the Zidoo X6, Zidoo were pretty tight lipped around the specs and nothing had been finalised. With pre-orders now open at GeekBuying, many of our questions have been answered.
The Zidoo X6 is an Android TV box powered by the Rockchip RK3368 and running Android 5.1 Lollypop. A custom TV-friendly UI called ZIUI is also included, with a flat tile-based design.
Interestingly, Zidoo are also emphasising that the X6 features a power management chip, allowing the Zidoo X6 to offer features such as turning the unit on via IR and automatic power off.
Zidoo have always provided excellent software and support but they’ve focussed on less powerful chipsets. With the Rockchip RK3368 under the hood, I can’t wait to see what Zidoo do with more grunt.
Zidoo X6 Technical Specifications
- Operating System: Android 5.1
- Chipset: Rockchip RK3368
- CPU: Octacore Cortex A53 processor @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU: PowerVR G6110
- Memory: 2GB DDR3
- Internal Storage: 16GB eMMC + Micro SD card slot
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, Dual Band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi (AP6335), Bluetooth 4.0
- Audio/Video Output: HDMI 2.0, SP-DIF, Composite AV
- Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0 (1 could be USB OTG)
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Other: IR Sensor
You can pre-order the Zidoo X6 from GeekBuying for around $100.