Following Intel’s revolutionary NUC barebones PCs, TV box manufacturer Tronsmart have released the Tronsmart Ara BJ19 – A NUC-style small form factor PC powered by the Intel Celeron J1900 and capable of running Windows or Linux. However, you’ll need to bring along your own RAM and 2.5″ HDD to the party. However, this means you can customize the Ara BJ19 to your requirements.
Tronsmart Ara BJ19 Technical Specifications
- Chipset: Intel Celeron J1900
- CPU: Quad core processor @ 2.0 GHz (base) / 2.41 GHz (burst)
- GPU: Intel HD graphics
- RAM: DDR3L 1333/1666 MHz SO-DIMM slot
- Storage: 2.5″ SATA Slot
- Video & Audio Output: mini HDMI, Display Port, 3.5mm Audio
- Audio In: Microphone Port
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB: 1x USB 3.0, 3x USB 2.0 port
- OS: BYO (Windows and Linux compatible)
- Power Supply: 19V 2.1A
- Dimensions: 116.6x112x51mm
- Weight: 364 grams
Inside the box, Tronsmart provide the Ara BJ19 unit, HDD mounting bracket, power supply and an English instruction manual.
The specifications are well-suited for a general purpose or home theatre PC thanks to its USB 3.0, gigabit Ethernet and built-in b/g/n WiFi. Unfortunately, Tronsmart have had to include a fan to keep the device cool, but hopefully its relatively silent.