I previously wrote about the Inphic i8 being the first Android box to use Allwinner’s quadcore H8 chipset in December. It now appears that the Inphic i8 has started to appear in sales channels, with GearBest listing the device for $78.20 at the time of writing.
The Inphic i8 runs Android KitKat 4.4.2 on the Allwinner H8 chipset. This combines an octo-core CPU with an octo-core GPU and adds support for HEVC decoding.
Inphic i8 Technical Specifications
- CPU: All Winner H8 is Octa-core Cortex-A7 CPU @up to 2.0GHz.
- GPU: PowerVR SGX544 GPU@ up to 720MHz
- Memory: 1GB /2GB DDR3
- Flash: 8GB/16GB/32GB
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g /n
- OS: Android KitKat 4.4.2
- I/O: 1*HDMI up to 4Kx2K resolution, 2*USB Host and Divice, 1*AV Standard resolution AV signal, 1*RJ45 100/1000 BaseT
- Accessories: 1x AV cable, 1x Power charger adapter, 1x Remote control, 1x User Manual, 1x HDMI cable
- Media Supported:
- Audio Formats: AAC-LC/HEAAC/HE-AAC v2,AC3,AMR-NB,DTS,MP3,OGG,RA_COOK,WMA,WMA,LPCM/PCM/ADPCM,FLA
- Video Formats: RM/RMVB, MPEG, MKV, AVI, MP4,MOV,FLV, H.263,H.264, H.265, VC-1,DivX, Xvid, TS,RealVideo,VP6,VP8 up to 4K support
- Support for XBMC, Google Play and Skype
The Inphic i8 is available from GearBest and AliExpress.