One of our favorite NAS companies Synology have just released a beta of their latest operating system Diskstation Manager (DSM 5.2).
According to the press release, the key changes in the update are:
- Docker integration that allows developers to create, deploy and run applications
- Improved Cloud Station performance and encryption
- File-based backup restoration allowing you restore a single file from a backup
- Portable task manager now built into Note Station, Synology’s answer to Evernote
- Improved multimedia capabilities such as download previous, cue file support and Chromecast integration
- Improved security via AppArmor and SMB 3 encryption
Synology have excellent aftersale support for their products. With this new software release, even devices from 2010 are still being updated. I am personally a big fan of their products as they are incredibly easy to set up and manage.
For those of you with Synology devices, you can download the DSM 5.2 Beta here.
For those of you who don’t, perhaps you should look at Synology’s range of servers.