Our favorite HTPC frontend Kodi has just reached version 14.2. This is primarily a bug fix release. However, some of the bugs fixed were quite significant – particularly those affecting stability on Windows PCs.
I’ve provided the official changelog below:
- Fix: Application stopped responding on Windows
- Fix: Gap-less playback on MP3
- Fix: Playback of rtmp protocol
- Fix: Scanning of newly added episodes
- Fix: Fix multipath source scanning
- Fix: Loading external subtitles in some cases
- Fix: packaging of PIL module on Android. This fixes some script error when using weather add-on
- Fix: Fix video playback on all platform after refresh rate change
- Fix: Various bugs that were present in PVR add-ons.
- Fix: Save weather location
- Fix: Fix filtering of foreign add-ons
- Fix: ftps handling
- Fix: use LastWrite instead of ChangeTime for file system on Windows
- Feature: Bump OSX SDK to 10.10
I’ve installed KODI 14.2 on my HTPC and feels more stable so far, as I’d have some regular crashes under -Kodi 14.1.
To get the latest version, hit up the Kodi download page here.
Share your experience!
How is Kodi 14.2 working for you? Does it feel more stable?