The Vensmile MXV is an budget Android PC that features the Amlogic S805 chipset. Borrowing inspiration from the MXIII, the MXV shares the same case but learns some new tricks.
The case appears to almost identical to the MXIII. However, the micro USB OTG port has been replaced by 2 fullsize USB ports, bringing the total to 4.
Thanks to the Amlogic S805, the MXV can decode 1080p H.265 in addition to other codecs.
Unfortunately, there are some limitations. Video decoding and output are limited to 1080p and the chip isn’t the most powerful around. However, when you factor in that the device only costs $50, these limitations are far more palatable.
The Vensmile MXV also features 2.4GHz Wifi, 10/100 Ethernet and Bluetooth 4.0 and uses the MediaBox we’ve seen used on devices such as the MK808B Plus.
Inside the box, the Vensmile MXV comes with a HDMI cable, IR remote, instruction manual and power adapter.
Vensmile MXV Technical Specificationss
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2
- Chipset: Amlogic S805
- CPU: Quad-Core Cortex-A5 at 1.5GHz
- GPU: Quad Core ARM Mali-450 GPU
- Memory: 1GB DDR3
- Internal Storage: 8GB NAND FLASH + Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Connectivity: 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Audio/Video Output: HDMI, SP-DIF, Composite Video
- Interfaces: 4 x USB 2.0
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Other: IR Sensor, Power button
Vensmile MXV Additional Photos